To customers, employees and business partners:
Keeping safe and healthy is of utmost importance during the COVID-19 outbreak. The purpose of this statement is to keep you informed on how we will continue to serve you during this time of uncertainty.
May 11, 2020 Update: Cooper Enterprises is open. If you are picking up an order, please proceed to the shipping/receiving entrance through the parking lot. You can park by the garage door, where an employee will give you your products and shipping paperwork. If you enter the building, we will check your temperature, and a face covering is required. Please do not enter through the main or employee entrances. Please see below for information on our social distancing policies.
March 23, 2020 Update: Cooper Enterprises is remaining open. On March 22, the Ohio Department of Health enacted a Stay at Home Order, requiring businesses deemed “non-essential” to suspend operations. However, Cooper Enterprises is considered an “Essential Business.”
Section 9 of the order states “construction” as Essential Infrastructure, and therefore exempt from the business closure order. Sections 12 (k), (q) and (v) of the order specify that building, construction and manufacturing companies, and all suppliers supporting those trades, are “Essential Businesses and Operations,” and also exempt from mandatory closure.
Cooper Enterprises supplies wood products, such as components, cabinets and furniture to essential industries and businesses, including:
- Medical buildings
- Construction industry
- Education buildings
- Law enforcement buildings
- Agriculture industry
Therefore, because the continued operation of our facility, and the operation of our supply chain related to the products produced here, is critical to our region’s direct response to the pandemic, we have determined that Cooper Enterprises’ operations constitute an “Essential Business” as defined in Ohio’s March 22, 2020 Stay At Home Order.
Cooper Enterprises has launched new PPE products in response to the coronavirus: face shields, acrylic shields and more. If you are in need of these products, please contact us.
We have implemented temporary policies and precautions for the safety of our workforce, including (but not limited to):
- Disallowing visitors. While we will not be hosting any in-person meetings with vendors, suppliers and customers, we can be reached through email or phone. We will gladly respond to any inquiries and set up online meetings. We will utilize teleconference/video conferencing until further notice.
- Limiting non-essential work travel, especially among sales reps. Our sales team can assist you when you contact us via email or by calling (419) 347-5232, option 1.
- Updating our employee sick leave and remote work policies. For more information, contact Human Resources.
Additional measures we have implemented include (but are not limited to):
- Closing our employee break room.
- Asking employees to check their temperatures before coming to work. Employees are not to come into work if they are sick and/or have a fever.
- Checking employee temperatures and asking screening questions before employees enter the facility. Employees may be sent home at this time.
- Wearing face coverings.
If you need help with manufacturing due to the shutdown, feel free to call us and see how we can help.
Thank you for supporting Cooper Enterprises. We wish you all to stay safe and healthy during this time.
If you have any questions, please contact us at (419) 347-5232 or use our contact form.
The Cooper Enterprises Team